|Date Posted||Sep 27, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
Job Location(s)1818 Cornwall Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Product Development Team
To assist with the creation and commercialization of premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear-testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
a day in the life of a product developer
· Build relationships with our manufacturing partners through correct communication and appropriate onsite visits
· Contributor in projects to create innovative and premium performance products; assist in weartest and caretest selection, execution of samples and tests and report back to Product Development Manager and Head of Product Development
· Responsible for the development of assigned styles to on-time and 100% Buy Ready; drive the GTM calendar management to hit KPIs with cross-functional team members, organize and lead Fit Sessions and ensure full participation of all cross functional team members
· Maintain accurate and on-time weekly reporting through the commercialization report
the finer print
· A university degree in fine arts or visual arts with specialization in theatre design, clothing design or exhibit design or Completion of a college or art school program in theatre design, clothing design or exhibit design is required.
· 7-10 years of apparel industry experience in product development and garment fit
· Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers across Asia, Americas and Europe
· Strong technical knowledge of performance product and fit
· Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
· Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
· Experience in building BOM’s, measurement and technical packages
· Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
· Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
our “must haves”
· proven work ethic with the utmost integrity
· desire to excel and succeed
· actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
· self-aware-ness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
· entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
· self-motivated, passionate, empathetic and fun!
· Lives in possibility and enrolls, inspires and motivates others
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year