|Date Posted||Dec 06, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The PR Lead is a creative public relations practitioner who can confidently craft and execute PR strategies for a variety of clients in the fashion, beauty, arts, food and lifestyle sectors. You get major joy out of seeing deserving brands and people bask in their moment in the spotlight and you genuinely want to support them to reach their goals and maybe even change the world! You love coming up with BIG ideas and then figuring out how to make them come to life. You thrive in an environment where you get to wear many hats and move quickly between projects and clients in a busy, electric atmosphere. You're confident in your skillset, in decision-making, and dedicated to providing value to each and every client.
Overview of Responsibilities
• On-boarding and and off-boarding clients and projects
• Meeting and communicating with clients on projects and strategies
• Cleary understanding client PR goals and identifying PR packages, services and tactics to support these goals
• Developing, recommending, and executing PR strategies and tactics to meet client goals
• Writing press releases and compiling media kits
• Pitching traditional media outlets and journalists and coordinating media placements both local and national
• Media tracking and reporting to clients
• Developing and executing meaningful online influencer campaigns
• General copywriting for marketing purposes
• Delivering a consistent experience for every client that provides value and support in a meaningful way
• Caring for clients and making them feel heard, cared for and “delighted” with their results.
• Ensuring projects are completed on time and promises kept
What We’re Looking For
• Minimum of three years experience working in a media relations, communications or public relations role.
• Education in communications, marketing or public relations is an asset.
• A proven track record of secured media coverage in both Edmonton and national media outlets.
• A proven track record of executing successful PR tactics including influencer campaigns, media outreach strategies and event concepts
• Knowledge of Canadian movers and shakers in the lifestyle field including influencers, brands and thought leaders.
• An extremely confident communicator. You can easily distill information and deliver it efficiently and with a smile. You’re not afraid to pick-up the phone and you enjoy meeting new people.
• Social media savvy. You have a firm understanding of the major platforms and how to strategically use them to tell a brand's story.
• You like brainstorming, problem solving, and working with a team, but also able to put your head down and do the work.
• You’re a pro at crafting concise, well-formatted emails. Your email subject lines are masterpieces.
• You are cool, calm and collected and able to problem solve confidently when needed.
• You are high-energy and have a positive, cheerful demeanor.
Some of the Perks of Working at Publicity Room
• Our core values are kindness, creativity and freedom and we integrate these into every thing we do. We are a positive and energetic team passionate about our work and the success of those we work with.
• We work a four-day work week because we truly believe work-life balance is key to a happy team and a happy life. Regular office hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday with half-hour of flex time from 9-9:30am. This flex time means you don't have to panic if you sleep in, miss the bus or want to grab a coffee on your way into work. Please note you will be required on occasion to work some evenings, early mornings and weekends for client events or media interviews.
• All employees enjoy three weeks of paid vacation per year and health benefits.