|Date Posted||Feb 21, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (1122)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Reporting directly to the VP of Global Sourcing, the Manager of Costing is responsible for developing and delivering a multi-year costing strategy to realize Lululemon’s financial and supply chain goals in a sustainable fashion while preserving design intent and quality promise to the guest.
Leveraging deep understanding and experience of garment and accessory costing, the Manager of Costing will help set in place the foundational system, process and organizational enablers for best-in-class end to end costing.
• Lead a centralized costing team to connect costing activities to Lululemon’s short and long-term financial goals.
• Continuously evolve end-to-end costing process, including the development of standards, policies and governance structure to improve efficiencies and deliver best costs.
• Identify and communicate cost opportunities based on data-driven analytics.
• Develop tools and platforms to drive faster, more transparent and reliable costing processes.
• Drive comprehensive policy of costing rate, method and reporting standardization enabling transparency and comparability of all quote rounds, vendors and product segments.
• Lead and develop costing team to achieve personal and team goals, maximizing leverage of subject matter expertise and experience while minimizing manual non-value added activities.
Drive Yield process standardization, from data-gathering & analysis, opportunity assessment through formulation of cost recovery approach to new policy roll-out. Ensure key stakeholder communication throughout to continue unified Lululemon approach, achieve short-term financial requirements while optimizing total long-term return.
Lead SMV benefits approach, managing internal and vendor education process, leveraging GSD to better assess opportunity and ultimately roll-out Lululemon-specific guidelines to vendor base and improve cost basis on major area of spend.
Champion the creation of a long-term cost platform seamlessly integrated into the product creation systems and process environment, which can secure the implementation of standards and execution of cost policies while drastically reducing manual effort, total time-to-cost and error driven re-work.
Continue to design and direct the creation of an interim platform to automatically move cost data from cost sheets to Qlik visualization tools. Move beyond post-season data-gathering and review to enable proactive cost analysis at aggregate level with in-development-season course correction.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or additional 4 years in retail costing or planning
• Minimum 10 years of progressive costing / cost analytic and reporting management within the textiles industry
• Minimum 1-year experience in leading/managing a team
• Strong understanding of components of garment FOB. Understanding of how mix, sourcing, pricing and other decisions affect overall profitability.
• Strong information systems skills and high comfort level with extracting and combining data across multiple sources
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.