|Date Posted||Aug 22, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (2233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives. The role in the Raw Materials Development Team Learning role to practice technical education and problem-solving skills by developing product in partnership with cross-functional partners. Partner internally & externally to achieve results that meet company standards. Add value to process improvements. Work under the mentorship of a developer/manager to explore & learn best practices. Some support tasks may be maintained by this role in order to balance workload & support business needs.
A day in the life of a Junior Fabric Developer
• To learn how to develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction and performance attributes while ensuring alignment to the global sourcing strategy
• Data Maintenance - TEXbase historical data integrity / updates, support - (in partnership with assistant raw material Developers
• To provide all necessary information to allow assistant raw material developers to populate FlexPLM system
• To be inspired to create solves for performance athletic fabrics to enhance guest experience
• Building relationship and rapport with the mills, understand and leverage their capabilities
• To provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
• To learn how to support the company's sustainability initiatives.
• To ensure timely completion of fabric DNA profiles and Esigned TEXbase tech specs.
• To ensure that seasonal developments are completed as per the GTM calendar
• Visit industry trade shows and fairs to gain knowledge and apply to the lululemon athletica's product range.
The finer print
• University/College Degree required in textiles science and textiles.
• 3+ years of apparel or textile industry is a plus
• Knowledge of development techniques, (process/ equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
• Introduction to technical knowledge in manufacturing environment covering various areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
• Knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
• Knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic work flow
• Attention to detail, problem solving capabilities, multi-tasking and energized to make a difference.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses