|Date Posted||Feb 08, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The mission of Dress for Success® is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
The Inventory and Merchandise Assistant is a results-driven individual who will be actively engaged in supporting the success of our suiting program and aligned with our core principles. Reporting directly to the Manager of Operations, the Inventory and Merchandise Assistant is an integral member of a small but dynamic team of professionals who work collaboratively to reach organizational objectives. The candidate will be a self-directed and motivated individual with exceptional organization skills. Experience with visual merchandizing and inventory management will be critical to the success of this role.
• Manage merchandise flow from of all clothing donations to boutique floor. Including the coordination of delivery or drop off of both corporate and individual
• Own the organization and operations of all offsite storage units
• Cultivate successful long term partnerships with in kind storage donors
• Manage and maintain boutique and stockroom order and cleanliness consistent with all best practices and health and safety compliance
• Own the timely processing and appropriate prioritization of merchandise receipts and continuously seek to improve systems, processes and methods
• Own an efficient replenishment processes that maintains a full and abundant boutique floor with
all styles and sizes represented.
• Proactively monitor, communicate and react to all replenishment and overstock needs
• Seek new donor relationships for regularly low stock sizes and departments
• Own the execution of inventory based programs such as quarterly inventory reductions sales,
monthly $2 sales and specialty pop up sales
• Own the development cycle of boutique volunteers including onboarding, teaching, training,
development and recognition in partnership with the Client and Volunteer Experience Coordinator
• Support all event preparation and execution
• Support housekeeping and maintenance of both the boutique floor and stockrooms
• Prepare and organize the donation days. Including volunteer teams, hours of operations, merchandise collection process, systematic operations, product placement, and display changes
• Work in collaborative relationship with both Manager of Operations and Client and Volunteer Experience Coordinator to provide continuous volunteer training on culture, standards, and visual
merchandising best practices
• Ensure boutique is always meeting a high level of visual presentation standards
• Build and maintain all visual displays: Mannequins, signage and props.
• Conduct a weekly business walkthrough with Manager of Operations
• Support execution of boutique merchandising flips and maintenance of the presentation standards
• Guide product placement and outfitting that reinforces brand messaging, and inspires the client
• Sets an effective boutique structure & floor plan in partnership with the Manager of Operations Communication and Development
• Communicate the mission and impact of Dress for Success Toronto and Dress Your Best with clients, volunteers and donors
• Act as a brand ambassador and engages with local community
• Cultivate an environment of creativity to engage clients and volunteers
• Build and maintain productive partnerships with donors, volunteers and key stakeholders
• Partners with the Manager of Operations to ensure appropriate support and effective scheduling for visual and inventory management priorities
• Post-secondary degree in a related field.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in visual merchandizing and/or inventory management
• Extremely high organizational excellence
• Ability to problem solve, analyze processes and affect change
• Results-oriented, demonstrating great initiative, and contributing to a work environment that
values and encourages innovation.
• Demonstrated success in developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders including
individuals, corporations and partner agencies.
• Proven ability to set priorities, use planning and analytical skills, complete work with minimal
supervision and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint), scheduling software, POS
systems and data management.
• Flexible schedule to accommodate some weekend and evening meetings and events.
• Keen sense of fashion and style
• Strong understanding of design principals
• Experience in a fashion retail apparel environment
• Lifting and some manual labour required. Must be Able to carry up to 25lbs.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by March 1st 2019 to the attention of Kait Green, Executive Director at HR@dressforsuccesstoronto.org.
Dress for Success Toronto is committed to a workplace of equality and inclusion. We thank all applicants, but will contact only those selected for an interview.