|Date Posted||Oct 04, 2018|
|Job Type||Part Time|
Want to work with Canada’s premier campus retailer?
Then, come and join our incredible Retail team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Garment Decoration Clerk
Department: U of T Bookstore
Location: St. George & College, Downtown campus
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
You will assist with decorating garments for the University of Toronto Bookstore and on-demand customized apparel service.
We are looking for someone who is excited to learn basic embroidery and digital printing software programs. If you are available to provide approximately 25 – 35 hours weekly and have a flexible schedule including availability on weekend days, this may be the role for you!
• Preparing garments for decoration
• Operating the equipment in conformity with our standards for quality and safety
• Decorating garments using embroidery, printing or heat transfers
• Performing production quality control on a regular basis
• Tagging, packing and unpacking product and maintaining the storage space
• Assisting the Supervisor of In-house Garment Production with equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1-2 years production experience preferred
• Post-secondary education in clothing and textiles an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Basic mechanical aptitude for equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Organized with strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Energetic; you thrive in a team environment
• Ability to lift boxes weighing approximately 25 kg
• A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Retail Team
The UTP Retail operates as a division of the University to Toronto Press. We are a hardworking and dedicated team that serves a student population of more than 80,000 through our four stores across three University of Toronto campuses. We are the largest campus retailer in Canada and we have leveraged innovation to outperform our peers in a disrupted retail environment. We are highly regarded, and focused on providing quality products, great service and reasonable prices to our customers.
UTP Retail operates a 30,000 square foot main store located at 214 College Street in Toronto, smaller but full service bookstores at Scarborough and Mississauga campuses, and the Varsity Sports Store in the Athletics Centre on the St. George campus.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume by October 19, 2018, to: email@example.com
Please indicate Garment Decoration Clerk, in the subject line.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.