|Date Posted||Jul 01, 2015|
|Job Type||Full Time|
lululemon athletica - Vancouver, BC
$90,000 - $140,000 a year
Fabric Development Manager
Salary: $90,000.00 - $140,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Fabric Development Manager
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Raw Material Development Team
We bring technology and functionality to life by creating industry leading fabrics, trim, colors and prints for lululemon premium performance product. Our partnership with product development, sourcing, manufacturing, and quality ensures we create product that performs for the intended use and meets testing standards, which provides a desirable experience for our guest.
a day in the life of a Fabric Development Manager
•Drive fabric excellence at lululemon. Inspire greatness in creating and using fabrics in products. Educate about fabric attributes, functionality, and possibility of use. •Anticipate & prevent issues.
•Seek new and existing fabric capabilities by attending alternative technology fairs, shows, suppliers, not otherwise covered by the Design/Development teams. Attend trade shows with Design/Dev as needed to understand their creation intent & complement their shopping experience with technical information and know-how.
•Coach & Manage 2-5 textile experts to develop new fabrics within calendar timelines and according to the design vision. Maximize solution building capabilities of the team to create best-in-class fabrics that meet quality standards and requirements. Elevate technical capabilitites of the team.
• Challenge the mill with new concepts and possibilities beyond current perceived limitations in making fabrics. Raise the bar. Build relationships with mills and factories.
• Provide technical fabric knowledge to support fit and sweat testing.
• Increase factory effectiveness of fabric manufacturing practices, in partnership with • Materials Quality, Sourcing teams, mills & factories.
The finer print
• Bachelor's degree in Textile Science, Fashion, Design or a related degree
• 5-8+ years experience in fabric technology, manufacturing, and/or quality related to apparel and accessory product. Previous athletic wear experience required.
• Extensive knowledge in fibers, polymer sciences, yarns, finishing, chemicals, machinery
• Proven ability to problem solve & resolve fabric issues with a fabric mill
• Extensive experience working in a factory operation and partnering with overseas vendors.
• Motivated by premium product results with previous brand experience.
• Clear written & verbal communication skills; ability to influence decision making
• Ability to travel globally for extended periods of time
• Logic-based & information-seeking approach
• Athletically active and commercially aware
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus available. We support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver.