|Date Posted||Oct 31, 2017|
You are an aspiring writer/editor who has a love of fashion, beauty, flowers, and, of course, luxury weddings and extraordinary events! Social media is a part of your daily life and you are constantly reading fashion/lifestyle blogs and can name countless beautiful Instagram feeds that you love to scroll through.
Assisting our Art Director, Fashion & Style Editor, and Real Weddings Editor, you will be curating on-trend, beautiful, luxurious, and elegant content for a national luxury wedding magazine, wedding show, website, daily blog, and other exciting special projects. All applicants must be available a minimum of three days per week, with occasional overtime required during production of the issue.
If you’re the right person for the job, here are the specific tasks of the position:
• Create blog posts, and write copy, on WordPress
• Pin and tag content from WedLuxe.com to social media sites
• Source images for potential social posts
* Manage a social media account for Cayman Vows, our sister magazine
• Edit images
• Contribute to the conceptualization and production of our S/F 2018 issue by working with both the editorial and graphic design teams
• Assist on set at WedLuxe photoshoots
• Contribute to the production of the Winter, Spring and Summer 2018 editions of our digital magazine, the WedLuxe Global Trend Report, by assisting both the editorial and graphic design teams
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Adobe CS suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
• Proficient on a Mac computer
• Strong time management/organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
• Passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, writing and social media
• Working knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress
• Enrolled in, or has completed, a diploma/degree program (preferably in Fashion, English, Marketing, Graphic Design, or PR)
• A strong concept of current trends in fashion, interior design, event decor, beauty, and floral design, with an interest in trend forecasting
Please submit both a cover letter detailing why you're the best candidate for this position as well as your resume with all relevant work and education experience.