|Date Posted||Oct 16, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Join us at Laura Jayne in this full-time opportunity to hone your skills while developing our recently launched e-commerce site & several new projects from the ground up.
Laura Jayne designs & hand-crafts bridal millinery, jewellery and accessories sold in specialty retail stores across Canada & the US.
If you are a recent grad with a base of knowledge and skill itching for opportunity in a real-world setting to apply your skills to drive projects from concept to completion while adding tangible achievements to your resume, read on!
Some projects in this role include:
• website strategy and updates
• copywriting to improve conversions & SEO
• editorial calendar planning
• SEM, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads
• Social media/blog content curation, creation and scheduling
• industry networking and collaborations
• reporting and analytics
• organizing collection photoshoots, sales support materials
• photoshoot loans
• lead generation and research
• prospect and customer outreach
The successful candidate has a strategic, results-oriented mindset and understands key digital metrics and how to interpret them.
We have a unique B2B/B2C website built on a 3rd party platform built on Magento.
Desired Attributes & Soft Skills:
• Positive, self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Strategic thinker; you can easily balance the aesthetic of what looks good for the brand with what converts and delivers ROI
• Understanding of luxury and ability to resonate with the Laura Jayne customer, both consumer and retail partner stores
• Excellent attention to detail. This is a small, entrepreneurial environment where you’ll need a high level of self-management and ownership to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
• Coachable, you take direction and constructive criticism with ease
• Efficient & results oriented, able to work calmly and quickly to meet deadlines
• Strong communicator- you actively read & listen to capture context of instructions and can effectively speak & write to engage your audience and convey your point
• Resourceful and eager to learn. You’re committed to continual learning; staying on the cutting edge of an ever-evolving field and easily & quickly access resources to help you find solutions
• Customer focused. Passionate about serving and delighting our customers in all you do
Technical Skills & Talents:
• Microsoft Office Suite, specifically intermediate Excel; working with large spreadsheets/multiple records
• Knowledge of website/digital marketing metrics and tools- Google Analytics, social scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or Buffer
• Understanding of social media strategy *for a product-based business*, familiarity with different social platforms
• Knowledge of Google trend and keyword tools, Google Adwords, and Facebook Ads an asset
• Digital photography – basic still life (product) photo styling/composition and lighting
• Adobe Photoshop for editing, sharpening and sizing photos,
• Understanding of digital photo resolution, cropping and sizing for different uses
• Working knowledge of graphic tools, either in Photoshop or apps like Canva
• Some knowledge of wholesale or retail sales of a higher end product or service is desirable
This is a full time role, 30-35 hours/week, weekdays, located in our studio in the Dufferin/Tycos fashion district.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
• Send us a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and are the best fit. This role is all about communications to present our brand to the world in the best possible light.
Your cover letter is crucial to demonstrate to us how you can communicate to present yourself in the best light!
• Expected starting hourly rate
• Last, but not least- an up to date resume with all the 411 on who you are, what you’ve done, and where we can get in touch with you