|Date Posted||Jul 11, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Director, Visual Merchandsing & Store Development The Director, Visual Merchandising & Store Development leads the connectivity between the Visual Merchandising and Store Development teams. They are the conduit, ensuring all store and fixture elements are aligned with product strategies and represent both Store Development and Visual Merchandising principles. Passionate about people, this role needs an inspiring leader who develops their talent to reach their full potential. One that thrives in facilitating a team culture of creativity and collaboration.
a day in the life of a Director, Visual Merchandising & Store Development
• Leads the VM creation, development and execution for lululemon’s new prototype store design and ongoing test & learn as well as all other new store concepts & formats
• Identifies new fixture concepts and innovations, working closely with Store Development and Retail Operations to bring these to life
• Reviews new store and renovation layouts with Area Visual Managers to ensure appropriate layouts, fixture mix, adjacencies, capacities and customer journey
• Serves as the expert for all store and fixture formats and quantities across a fleet of nearly 400 stores. Identify areas for optimization, refresh & innovation
• Responsible for the development of new store openings, renovations, relocations, locals, outlets and seasonal stores through visual merchandising training, timelines, execution and support documentation
• Responsible for the collection of feedback from each opening to impact, update and streamline the role of Visual Merchandising and Store Development in the store opening process
• Leads through cross-functional partnerships and direct management of the Manager of VM Ops & Rollouts
• Reports into the VP, Omnichannel Visual Merchandising
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a high growth organization with a solid visual merchandising background. He/she will bring a broad business orientation and key competencies including strong collaborative and coaching skills, strategic vision, and analytical skills enhanced by intuitive consumer insight.
Specific experiences would include:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 10-15 years industry experience visual merchandising experience required, store development experience an asset
• Strong management and leadership experience. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in people management.
• Global focus and or multiple region focus required
• Experience in industrial design
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team.
• Entrepreneurship mindset – experience in making critical business decisions and taking calculated risks.
• Excellent communication skills in a highly collaborative environment.
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor.
• Passion for fitness, the outdoors and an active lifestyle is a must.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.