|Date Posted||Aug 23, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About the Raw Materials Team
Our team creates industry leading, high quality, eco-friendly performance materials in collaboration with Sourcing & Supplier Partners. We transform design concepts into reality, research new technologies/solutions, and develop fabrics, trims, colour & prints that surprise & delight our guest while meeting quality and compliance standards.
A day in the life of a Director of Raw Materials:
• Direct, lead & inspire a technical team who specialize in fabrics, trims, yarns, colour & prints; elevate the team with education, learning & development, and a collaborative work environment. Provide the team with vision, leadership, and direction to build premium product.
• Provide direction & ensure execution of the Raw Material strategy. Partner with Design, Merch, Sourcing, Whitespace and Brand leaders to set clear direction & goals to create & own premium performance materials that differentiate our products in the market.
• Responsible for performance results across the team, reporting progress of key performance indicators, mitigating risk, and communicating key information to drive business success.
• Partner with leaders of Global Fit & Product Development to set team goals. Ensure education of raw materials for the cross-functional POD teams and elevate the functionality of fabrics in relation to patterns & construction. Seek experts in the industry for specialty skills & knowledge related to textile & non-textile materials.
• Initiate and drive Sustainable raw materials and processes. Drive and see through significant environmental and social/economic results which change the world. Raise the bar and actively participate in world-wide organizations that share objectives & causes.
• Strategically support key business initiatives, challenge the status quo, and continually improve and evolve the team, processes, and results.
• Degree required with a focus in apparel or textiles
• 7-10 years of apparel industry experience in textiles, non-materials, and/or colour.
• Proven experience leading a team and business strategies; 3-5 years management experience
• Traveled to and worked on site with manufacturers around the world
• Strong knowledge of supply chain operations
• Team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements
• computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook). Understanding of product creation calendar; ability to work with timelines.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses