|Date Posted||Jun 29, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
Job Location(s)1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
We build the brand and own premium athletic essentials - we are THE destination technical made beautiful. We design for our guest what s/he doesn’t know s/he wants before s/he wants it.
a day in the life of Design Director, Concepts
· reports to the SVP Women’s Design and owns the pre season calendar
· leads the Concept Team, partnering with Design Team and Women’s Concept Team, and creates the aesthetic vision to lead the seasonal product creation process – build a theme and kickoff that executes beautifully for men’s and women’s
· leads concept, colour and pattern direction for season kickoff and ensures the vision can be executed by our manufacturing partners in our raw material
· see through the execution of the kickoff in ‘why we designed this’, colour week and initial prot
· utilize a brand filter combined with what’s going on in the world around us - art, community, culture, fashion and sport - to create a unique brand position
· has a long-term creative vision and strategically builds upon it each season
· distills complex information into clear and impactful ideas and stories, and can craft and edit themes
· which can be shared easily internally or externally
· builds and directs a high performance team of graphic artists and colour design
· global travel for trend research, tradeshows and development with factories/mills/partners
· works on the retail floor – 2 x per month – connecting with guests/athletes to elevate our product
the finer print
· Completion of a college or art school program in theatre design, clothing design or exhibit design is required.
· 10+ years of experience in apparel design required, with a focus on print, pattern, colour, etc.
· 3-5 yrs’ experience leading and managing a creative team
· Strong knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles
· You execute like an owner – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks and are calendar and margin aware
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $180,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year