|Date Posted||May 07, 2015|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Director of Buying - North America
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
a day in the life of a director, buying
• Drives the financial success by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory
productivity goals across all channels, through the effective partnership with Planning and Allocations.
• Is a “market expert” in their region for all channels and can effectively communicate to Global
Merchandising key data points, including merchandising strategies, athletic and fashion trends, pricing and competition, that inform the global product vision
• Strong collaboration with Global Merchandising team to inform the global product assortment that fulfills the needs of their region and delivers on our brand promise.
• Defines pricing strategies in local currencies
• Provides leadership for the buying team to meet key milestone GTM gate deliverables and effectively manage in-season product sell thru to support financial KPIs
• Provides monthly and quarterly regional product reviews (“meltdown”) to ensure timely, measureable, and actionable feedback is provided to global merchandising and design counterparts.
• Size local business opportunities and effectively influence global partners to incorporate into global plan. Collaborates with regional Community and Brand teams to execute key seasonal themes, education focus and stories
• As a member of the regional leadership team, acts as a key voice in building an integrated regional business plan.
• Trains, supports and develops regional merchants.
the finer print
• Diploma in merchandising or business
• 7+ years of experience in merchant /buyer role, with 5+ years management experience
• Vertical retail experience required. Omni channel experience highly desirable.
• Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments.
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team.
• Excellent sense of style and color trends; athletically minded
• Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
• Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
• Willingness to travel and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus available. We support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver.