|Date Posted||May 23, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $190,000-$230,000 per year
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
The Director, Merchandising leads the men’s or women’s merchandising team and drives the creation of assigned product categories that grow the brand through our design vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results. The Director leads their team in anticipating guest demand and ensuring the delivery of products that exceed expectations and guarantee growth. This person will act as the cross functional leader for all product categories.
a day in the life of a Director, Merchandising
• Accountable for the successful execution of a line plan of assigned product categories, that deliver our design vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals across all channels
• Collaborates closely with international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the line plan
• Responsible for the product lifecycle and go to market process of assigned product categories through effective teamwork and partnership with all product teams
• Partners with all cross functional teams outside of Product including Brand, Community, Training, Store Design and Operations teams to ensure the design vision is delivered to our guests
• Demonstrates an impeccable taste level and is passionate about sweating, health and personal development
• Informs Design team (at key internal milestones) with strategic insight and identifies additional product assortment or business growth opportunities.
• Leads the seasonal line planning process and style count in partnership with Design, Development and Planning for seasonal alignment.
• Drives pricing architecture for the assigned product categories, collaborating with other Directors of Merchandising to ensure consistency across the brand
the finer print
• Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field
• 10+ years of experience in a merchant/buyer role
• 5 years management experience
• Vertical retail experience required. Omni channel experience highly desirable.
• Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Entrepreneurship – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
• Focus on creating an extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses