|Date Posted||Jul 25, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Designer, Engineered Knits Women’s
Who we are lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
A day in the life: The Engineered Knits Designer is an expert in their field and creates knit apparel or accessories that are leading in the world of athleticwear through innovation, design and function.
• Reports to Sr. Designer or Design Director and works cross-functionally with Product Development, Global Fit, Raw Materials and Merchant teams. Develop and mentor design assistants.
• May own up to 12 new master styles per season along with several pullthrough or lifted styles.
• Owns tech pack creation and updates, presentation prep and seasonal research for their own styles and may be asked to support the Sr. Designer’s day to day tasks.
• Responsible for fitting own styles supported by their manager or their proxy.
• May be required to travel internationally several times per year.
• Education: BA, BFA or BS in Fashion Design required (or equivalent)
• Minimum 3-8 years of related experience with previous experience in sweaters/flat bed knits a must.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with ability to translate design vision into CAD sketches with detailed technical descriptions.
• Has professional experience working with knit structures and knitting yarns. Has an understanding of their performance in relation to garment construction and body movement. Has a basic knowledge of knitting machinery.
• Is a self-starter and always looking forward to the future of knits.
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
To search and apply to more fashion jobs, design jobs, stylist jobs, fashion pr jobs, fashion internships and more, visit