|Date Posted||Feb 27, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Salary: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Colour Design role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product with a focus on the art and the science of colour to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. This team will drive colour excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
A day in the life:
· Colour expert at the seasonal product and capsule level.
· Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
· Build inspiration concept boards to convey the seasonal colour direction.
· Strategically plans and executes colour vision for mainline seasonal collections and capsules, troubleshoots colour achievability issues.
· Brings to life the seasonal colour direction relevant to the category.
· Works cross functionally with colour development, print and product design, raw materials to understand every aspect of the product.
· Communicates clearly to x-functional partners colour changes and updates. Ensures timely completion of seasonal work.
· Presents work clearly and confidently in colour reviews to x-functional partners.
· Support the Colour Director in all aspects of the colour and concept creation process.
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required, MA desired.
• 4+ years experience in the fashion/athleisure apparel industry.
• 3+ years experience working in colour and concept for the fashion/athleisure apparel industry.
• 4+ years fluent skills in Adobe suite-illustrator/photoshop/InDesign
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.