|Date Posted||Nov 14, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Always first in cutting edge knit technology, using the latest innovations, fibers and finished.
Recognized worldwide as the largest seamless and body size manufacturer in the world, Tefron serves the most demanding retailers and design houses all over the world. With 35+ years of industry knowledge, commitment and dedication... Tefron is best known for its ability to transform through innovation.
We are seeking a strong and talented design lead to share our company spirit while empowering our private label business with smart commercial design. Through design, knit and fit, come celebrate the creative spirit with us.
• Partner with design director to plan and execute seasonal trends and commercial designs through garment creation and technical completetion.
• Leads a team of creative, skilled designers who develop and deliver innovative, brand right products which meet category and consumer business unit needs in cross functional work streams.
• Researches emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets.
• Ensures all teams develop consistent color, trend, and creative direction across business categories to ensure brand positioning and brand equity objectives are intact.
• Review and critique prototypes, and product development. Discuss and strategize style changes and line enhancements with Merchandising.
• Review samples and resolve outstanding issues with design and costing. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain calendar deadlines.
• Direct the presentation of specific collections to Sales and Merchandising.
• Respond to key account assortment needs beyond initial seasonal line to maximize account opportunity.
• Research trends and bring in new ideas through competitive shopping, magazines, websites, and runway shows Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Must have thorough understanding of the Mass Market/Department Store/Specialty Store arena platform – consumer, competition and landscape
• Degree or equivalent in fashion or apparel design
• 8+ years’ experience in leading creative vision for a brand and product category
• Experience in seamless technology and interest in intimates / athletic markets is strongly preferred
• Ability to sketch by hand and with Illustrator
• Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop as well as Microsoft Excel, and Word.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must be able to work efficiently on a tight calendar, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Must be able / willing to travel: Note bi-annual trips to Israel and China.
Travel Required: Yes
Job Type: Full time
Career Level: Experienced (Manager)
Education: Fashion Design Degree or Diploma
Reports to: Design Director....