|Date Posted||May 28, 2019|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Design Director Colour role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product with a focus on the art and the science of colour to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. This team will drive colour excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
A day in the life:
• The Design Director Colour is the expert.
• Creates the Global Colour vision and strategy for the Lululemon apparel brand.
• Drives a visionary colour strategy across men’s and women’s apparel and accessories.
• Drives a colour strategy through print and influences raw material application to achieve new seasonal affects.
• Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
• Builds the global seasonal palettes based on category insights and forecasts colour needs.
• Experience in colour technology and how to achieve colour, create effects on materials through dye techniques, and finishes.
• Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional.
• Collaborates with x-functional teams; merchandizing, product design and development, and fellow concept designers in print and textures, to bring the seasonal colour direction to life.
• Builds and presents a compelling narrative and inspiring global seasonal colour vision to varying audiences.
• Mentors and coaches a team of colour designers.
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required, MA desired.
• 10+ years of experience in the fashion/athleisure apparel industry.
• 5+ years managing, mentoring and coaching a creative design team of 6-8 direct reports.
• 5+ years building global colour palettes and directing the seasonal global colour vision. for the fashion team and directing a colour and concept design team.
• 6+ years experience in future trend and colour prediction work for the fashion/athleisure industry.
• 6+ years fluent skills in Adobe suite-illustrator/photoshop/
• Proven work ethic with the utmost integrity.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.