|Date Posted||Oct 04, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Want to work with Canada’s premier campus retailer? Then, come and join our incredible Retail team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Assistant Manager, General Merchandise
Reports to: Manager, Flagship Store
Location: U of T Bookstore, downtown campus location
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
You will be responsible for the daily general merchandise operations at the downtown campus bookstore. As part of the role you will drive the execution, implementation and ongoing management of displays, visual merchandising, customer service/selling, and replenishment of stock on the sales floor. You will be a key manager in leading the sales floor team offering guidance and coaching.
Management and Leadership
• Leads by example on the sales floor by offering outstanding customer service
• Coaches team members in the moment to achieve desired results
• Develops a strong team who will achieve productivity targets
• Prioritizes the workload, and sets expectations of performance standards
• Stands in for Flagship Store Manager as required
Retail Execution & Store Operations
• Oversees the day-to day-operation and maintenance of the sales floor for all general merchandise
• Drives core key performance indicators to achieve business plan
• Maximize sales results in a seasonally driven retail environment
• Presents a well merchandised and visually appealing store
• Executes visual merchandising both in creating and executing planograms
• Conducts and oversees weekly cycle counts proactively participating in loss prevention procedures
• Understands first to market initiatives and acts with sense of pace and urgency to capture market share
• Confidently connects with faculty and staff to foster strong business relationships
• Exercises open communication to build working relationships with other department managers
• Approaches all situations with a “can do” attitude
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary graduate
• 2 years of experience in high volume retail; knowledge of hard & soft goods
• 1-2 years supervisory/department management experience in box retail
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Customer/client focused with the ability to anticipate client needs
• Communication and relationship management skills
• Excellent visual merchandising experience and knowledge
• Results and action oriented
• Ability to multitask; meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft products
• Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
• A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Retail Team
The University of Toronto Bookstore is a vibrant, dynamic, and engaging workplace with great perks such as discounts on nearly everything we sell and the best co-workers around. We’re proud to be a leader in saving students money on textbooks through innovative programs such as our rental textbook program, our great selection of used textbooks, competitive pricing on textbooks and our price match guarantee. Our line of U of T branded clothing offers students, faculty and staff great value and a wide selection of brands including Roots, Nike and Adidas.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.