|Location||Richmond, BC, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 04, 2018|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Love working with a team?
Are you outgoing and ready to build your career in a fun & friendly atmosphere?
Then we’ve got opportunities for you!
At Bootlegger, we value teamwork, entrepreneurship, passion, growth, and trust. We promote a spirited culture of performance, fun and creativity. People are our most valuable resource and we invest in their well-bring through a generous associate discount, competitive compensation and benefits package.
Support and assist the buyer in all buying and merchandising functions by utilizing the skills necessary to achieve sales and gross margin results.
• Order Management and Maintenance: Ensures orders are processed correctly, guaranteeing scheduled delivery dates and appropriate quantity/quality assortments by:
- Inputting, writing complete and appropriate specifications and organizing orders.
- Confirming orders by verifying delivery dates, details, and procedures as related to downloading, updating and maintaining the
- delivery schedule.
- Following up with vendors on incomplete or inaccurate shipping dates or packaging and ticket instructions.
- Processing, changing and communicating purchase order changes to all involved parties.
- Performs the necessary statistical and administrative tasks, which will enable the buyer to make the most profitable merchandise selections.
- Maintain departmental reports and records.
• Supports the buyer in their responsibility of inspecting production samples and incoming goods for quality and fit.
• Negotiating and following up with vendors to ensure packing and ticketing standards are met.
• Ensures consistency in all buying functions and shipping procedures.
• Aids in effective, profitable selling by assisting the Buyer in providing merchandise samples and information to Marketing and Visual for use in product knowledge tools communicated to stores.
• Actively participates by providing buyer with requested information at the buyer’s request.
• Answering field questions regarding product (SKU information, garment care information etc.).
• When appropriate with the Buyer’s coaching, assume responsibility for a class or subclass of merchandise by:
- Selecting merchandise that produces positive results in sales volume, gross profit and inventory turns.
- Tailoring merchandise mix to the target customer.
- Reacting to merchandise trends through reorders or markdowns.
- Maintaining competitive awareness and adjusting own assortment as required.
- Creating unique products and groups by selecting and/or designing styles, fabrics, production facilities etc. utilizing in-house talents plus outside designers.
• Previous retail experience required and/or completion of Post Secondary education in fashion.
• Technical background, with experience preferred.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
• Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.