|Date Posted||September 30, 2020|
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
SSENSE is looking for seasonal Warehouse Clerks to join our team at our Distribution Center in Saint-Laurent for the upcoming Fall/Winter sale period. Our Warehouse Clerks are responsible for processing the flow of goods including activities such as receiving, picking, packing, and palletizing, while continually meeting performance requirements in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority and we continue to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employees during these challenging times, by adhering to guidelines provided by government and health authorities and continuously introducing enhanced measures. Some of these measures include frequent deep cleaning and electrostatic disinfection of equipment, surfaces, and facilities, mandatory masks and daily temperature checks by our on-site nurse, frequent hand washing protocols and sanitizing stations. Operational processes have also been adjusted to enforce more physical distancing and limit the potential of cross contamination, including separate shift structures, zoning and assigning dedicated handheld sets, stations and equipment.
WHY CHOOSE SSENSE
• Great work environment and friendly team
• Free on-site parking and accessibility by public transit (near Côte-Vertu metro)
• Free yogurt, snack bars, coffee and tea in our break room
• Hourly salary of $14.50-$15.00 (there is a 2$/hour premium for the overnight shift)
• $300 referral bonus if you refer other hired candidates
• Casual dress code (no safety boots required)
• Possibility of additional overtime as needed
• Possibility of contract extension and permanent employment
• Schedules: Full-time, minimum 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime
• May include one or a combination of the following:
• Receive, pick, pack, label, and/or ship products
• Maintain shipping and receiving logs while ensuring incoming and outgoing products are in good condition
• Maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of the warehouse
• Achieve flawless quality control of goods
• Other ad hoc duties as assigned
*This is a temporary contract position ranging from 2 to 4 months.
• No warehouse experience necessary, but would be an asset
• Ability to walk with equipment and/or stand for extended periods, when required
• Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail, with good planning and time management skills
• Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
• Available to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends
• Must be able to work until end-January