|Date Posted||March 12, 2020|
VP, Design Accessories
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0016
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
A day in the life of the Vice President, Design Accessories
The VP, Design Accessories at lululemon leads a team of designers in creating world class accessories that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. You will lead a team of designers in creating a line from inception of ideas to production of soft accessories for the organization. You are responsible for your team’s execution of the Creative Direction.
• This role leads all of Accessories Design product, process and people strategy and execution.
• The role specifically oversees development of Accessories Design Ethos, long term and seasonal AXS Creative Direction in collaboration with Footwear/Apparel, as well as all pre-season and in-season seasonal product line design.
• The Accessories organization has experienced a strategic resource change management and development effort which has focused on (re)building the team with a focus on design, merchandising, innovation, development, sourcing, and RM.
• Finding of lulu's accessories 'voice' and establishment of a pronounced and impactful lululemon creative signature for Accessories across a highly diverse sub-set of product classes
• Establishing a current assortment and future pipeline of highly lululemon brand- iconic and franchise able product
• Establishing a lululemon reputation for best-in-class activity supporting/completing accessories
• Establishing lululemon accessories as best-in-class giftable and basket-building product
• Establishing lululemon's accessories as the primary and mostrecognized gateway to market of brand-defining 'white space' innovation that inspires and delights our guests.
The Finer Print
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent), MA if applicable
• At least 12 yrs design/design leadership experience of which minimum of 3 years in an executive/executive support level capacity with increasing responsibilities over time
• Both Fashion and Performance/Technical brand background is required
• 15 years’ experience in a team management role with at least 9 direct reports
• Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritization
• Advanced-level Adobe Suite: ILLUSTRATOR. PSD. INDESIGN
• 3D design experience is required
• 12 years experience working with bag construction, patterning, textiles, sewing techniques and technology applications. Additional accessories (eg headwear, seasonal/cold weather, socks, etc) highly desirable
• Natural ability to oversee and lead the team in the design and development of product, ensuring commercial viability in partnership with Product Development, Raw Materials Development, Merchants, Quality Assurance and Sourcing/Production
• Critical path management skills: Adhere to strict timelines and calendar dates to deliver exceptional product, on-time
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Mac platform
• Past experience communicating with offshore factories
• Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
• Entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses