|Date Posted||October 6, 2021|
Virtual Image Creation Manager
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5223
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
ABOUT THIS TEAM
VICE is a team of experts who work at the centre of technology to bring lululemon premium product to life in a digital ecosystem. In partnership with cross-functional peers they ensure silhouette, function and design intent are delivered in the form of a virtual prototype that is an accurate representation of the physical product.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Working at the centre of technology, apparel, and design, the Manager of Virtual Image Creation team will lead a team of experts to create and commercialize premium performance product, in 3D, ensuring its fit and function for the intended end use in accordance with lululemon business goals.
• Driving collaboration and alignment with Product Creative & cross-functional partners to ensure the successful development of digital environments and prototypes through design areas including concepting, prototyping, interaction, working with research and innovation, standards creation, and product governance
• Inspiring, engaging, and enrolling peers by being on the leading edge of emerging technologies
• Lead and prioritize team to deliver virtual prototypes, store environments, 3D renders, and digital pattern (where required)
• Manage the execution of digital libraries (pattern, materials, standards, etc.)
• Ensure brand professionalism and consistency across 3D assets, including virtual prototypes, digital fabric scans, and store environments, by obtaining approval from Product Creative and cross-functional partners.
• Lead and manage VICE team members to ensure their development and growth
• Manage resources and priorities effectively to deliver department goals and objectives
• Drive change readiness and continuous improvement of processes and tools to deliver business results
• Seek out new tools, innovation, and processes in the apparel digital eco-space and partner with product, technology, and operational counterparts on implementation
• 4 Year BA Degree with focused training in Technical Design
• 8-10 years of apparel or product industry experience
• 3-5 years of experience in apparel industry (as it relates to 3D), Digital Product Design and/or 3D Product Animation or Graphic formally recognized education
• 1+ years of experience managing a team of individual contributors
• Extensive technical knowledge of performance product, fit, construction, costing and international manufacturing; domestic manufacturing would be an asset
• Experience leveraging Gerber Pattern Making (or other similar digital pattern making systems) preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook, Adobe Design Suite/Illustrator and Photoshop) and Flex PLM or similar PLM software
• Deep understanding of 3D tools (Browzwear, Clo3D, Rhino, Modo, etc) and processes and how they can be applied and leveraged in the apparel industry.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.