|Date Posted||October 29, 2020|
Vice President, Women's Design
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (0016)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations across North America, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Asia. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
A day in the life:
Reporting directly into the SVP Women’s Design, The VP of Design at lululemon leads a team of designers in creating world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Executing the creative vision, you lead a team of designers in creating a line from inception of ideas to final product.
Responsible for the overall vision and design direction for your category through all phases of product design and development. You combine active product use experience, market knowledge and trend research to inform your point of view on how to build a seasonal collection of functional, innovative and quality designs. You are a master at enrolling designers and cross functional partners in executing this vision.
Process + Workload:
• Research, ideate and create mood and fabric boards to support in communicating the Creative Directors vision to your design team and cross functional partners
• Responsible for leading a team of designers in the creation of a Rig Room (a 3D representation of the seasonal creative direction) for Creative Season Kick Off. This includes building mock ups, fabric boards, selecting tears and building digital and physical presentations
• Technical understanding of performance fabrics in both knits and wovens or hybrid and ability to clearly brief the raw materials team for development.
• Responsible for building new technologies into functional solves for the guest
• Give clear, consistent and inspiring direction on silhouette, fabric, trim, technology and trend so your designers are able to create freely into the seasonal vision
• Ensure creative direction is supported through line plan creation, seasonal sketch and protype reviews to execute design intent.
• Ability to apply, perform and manage design skills such as drawing/sketching, concept ideation, 3D technology, texture and scale
• Expert ability at draping, understanding patterns and creating 3D forms
• Partner with the in house workshop to create mock ups and prototypes
• Responsible for ensuring all styles deliver our standards of quality, beauty and function to our guest
• Proven track record in developing and mentoring teams
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent) MA if applicable
• 15+ years experience working in apparel design of a global retail brand
• 12 – 15 experience in an executive support level capacity with increasing responsibilities
• 12-15 years team management experience
• Leadership + Development Skills
• Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritization
• Advanced-level Adobe Suite: ILLUSTRATOR. PSD. INDESIGN
• 3D design a bonus
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.