|Date Posted||November 20, 2019|
5 West 6th Ave.
Vancouver, BC V5Y 1K2
Vice President, Product
The VP of Product will lead the entire product team that creates the full range of footwear products. This means design concepts, materials, and manufacturing methods that will hit the market for current & upcoming seasons as well as planning and innovating on the future of our products. This role requires a leader with great design intellect and judgement, and a proven record of creating and driving innovative footwear technologies and platforms in the industry. This role will be defining, building and developing this team, while equipping them with the best technology from our industry and others. This role requires a strategic leader who can think longterm and across the company showing strong business awareness, critical analysis, integration of information, and the ability to develop an action-oriented plan.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Create and lead the innovation, design & brand aligned vision across all product categories through collaboration with the Exec team and other internal teams to ensure that product is building a cohesive product strategy across multiple areas of the business.
• Lead and drive the concept key looks, sample development, technical package, and storytelling
• Incorporate Consumer Insights within Footwear Design; capture athlete interviews and imagery that provide insights that benefit Footwear Design and keep Under Armour ahead of trend and in the know.
• Lead research trend, silhouette, fabric and trim innovation to further enhance the end product and development process.
• Execute and manage the assigned product process from clear briefs to launch.
• Provide briefs which give clear product direction and information to the development and design partners.
• Attract, build, inspire and mentor a strong and unique team focused on creating innovative, brand-right, trend-right and fresh footwear across end-uses.
• Manage team into calendar as they work closely with Development on the realization of product - refine and sharpen this model.
• Analyze existing calendar and work to bring big stories, fabric and trim innovation from Concept to Materials and Design ahead of calendar.
• Analyze existing business strategy, communications, user research, visual design, and branding to inform the creative development of the project's conceptual and aesthetic approach
• Analyze competitive landscape and user segmentation to develop a strong product roadmap
• Come to the table with a strong point of view on creative issues while still having an open ear to opinions and suggestions
• Act as expert in development timelines for standard cycles as well as suggesting and managing alternatives for non-standard requests.
• Make early recommendations on construction techniques and tooling solutions.
• Analyze and recommend materials, components, and construction options to the Product Team in order to meet key material and product performance goals.
• Lead the overall product team in footwear product development, including oversight and accountability for commercialization processes, timelines, and hitting budgeted cost structures.
• Oversee footwear innovation projects to ensure that we are creatively adding to our product offering with items that delight customers and drive our company purpose forward
• Manage financial budget for entire product team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• B.A. in Footwear Design or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design with 15+ years’ experience.
• A sincere and contagious passion for the purpose, vision and culture
• Prior experience working for a global company with a strong brand and distinct culture.
• An authentic leader and partner; ability to lead by forming productive cross-functional relationships, showing respect for what the team has accomplished while bringing break-through thinking and solutions to improve the performance of the business.
• An executive with superior inspirational qualities who creates an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and cooperatively to produce outstanding results; one who attracts top talent from outside the organization while developing strong teams within.
• Must have experience as a leader who can properly influence people, process and technology in a manner that enriches the company’s culture and overall performance
• Innovative mindset, unafraid and inspired to bring something new to this space.
• Experience working for either a start-up and/or high-growth organization is a plus.
• Must have a strong working knowledge and practical understanding of most popular professional design programs, i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark.
• Ability to create and execute a strategic vision
• Must have a successful track record of leadership and the ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent
• Must be a consummate team player, putting others before self, and actively engage stakeholders at all levels
• Must be customer focused, both internal and external to the Company
• Must be business savvy and have the ability to grasp the business model and strategic plans of the enterprise
• Must be highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusting partnerships and relationships across the company with business unit leadership as well as with the company’s external consumer, wholesale, retail and cross-functional partners
• Be capable of effectively managing multiple demands from a variety of sources
• Takes personal initiative to improve processes and develops new approaches to tasks
• Proactive and resourceful
• To show empathy and understanding while remaining professional and acting in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Strong sense of personal style and passionate about the brand
• Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities and invested in educating others
• Enthusiastic about giving & receiving feedback
• Takes direction and responds favourably to change
• Assumes ownership and accountability for projects
• Flexible with regards to job responsibilities
Salary range: $200,000 - $300,000
Benefits package: Performance Bonus Program, Annual Salary Review, Extended Health Insurance, Health & Lifestyle Spending Account, Vacation Days, Personal Days, Volunteer Days, Shoe Allowance
Language of work: English
For more information about this job posting, please contact Tiffanie Lai, People Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.