|January 7, 2024
Technical Designer for a Creative Agency (full time)
COMPANY: Apparelmark Design House
LOCATION: Vancouver, Canada (Olympic Village)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Designer
HOURS: 35-40 a week
PAY: $70,000-$85,000 + bonus
Calling all fashion industry experts, leaders and creative minds – we have an opportunity for you to escape the corporate grind and join our team as a Technical Designer for our creative design agency, Apparelmark. If you are inspired by innovation, creativity and challenges that come with building apparel brands this role is ideal for you! As one of our designers you will have immediate access to a portfolio of fast-growing fashion brands to help navigate their direction, structure their strategy, help elevate product offering and collaborate with our internal teams on product development.
Client management, tech pack building and fitting assessments are all services we offer in house and as the Technical Designer you will be in free to operate within your own deadlines, collaborating with our inhouse team of experts to help streamline each part of the process from design, to development, to production placement we pride our selves at having fun with our work.
We are looking for a passionate, resourceful and ambitious Technical Designer looking to work with an experienced team to facilitate apparel brand building services.
1. You will be asked to actively participate (remotely or in person) at client enrollment meetings to learn about new opportunities and asses good fits.
2. You will be in charge of overseeing and executing client projects while overseeing the process at every stage of the project.
3. Create trend presentation, color palettes and design direction documents.
4. Design Apparel + Accessories in Athletic, Athletes, Outdoor, Performance, Lifestyle, Fashion for wholesale & retail clients
5. Ensure that each style at Apparelmark executes on the creative vision of the brand, a high level of quality, and ultimately will help the brand launch and succeed!
6. Work with our pattern makers, graphic designers and production agents to facilitate each project needs.
7. The role is ideal for anyone who understands the dynamics of client management, staying on top of deadlines, executing objectives and aggressively growing their portfolio.
• No fixed hours, no tracked hours, no weekly minimums
• Opportunity for PR coverage and portfolio building on the hottest brands in the industry
• No corporate commute, drama or meetings all day
• Work with a small but mighty team
• Paid travel opportunities for trade shows, fashion shows and client visits
• Annual medical and health style allowance
• Client referral bonus structure
• Company performance bonus structure
• Unlimited access to our 1500 sq studio to work, research or escape
• Unlimited access to our extensive fabric library room and inventory
• Unlimited access to our photo wall, camera equipment and software
• Unlimited access to the most advanced Pantone chip collection in the industry
• Unlimited access to Fedex and courier accounts
• Unlimited access to office supplies, snacks, water and refreshments
• Shopping trips and budgets for reference samples on every project
• 3+ years’ apparel industry experience in design or development role
• Ability and desire to work on various product types
• Expert at communication, time management and organization
• Advanced knowledge of & proficiency in Adobe Illustrator is required
• Knowledge of grading and size charts is preferred
> The ability to set clear objectives and inspire the team to reach their highest potential
> Leadership abilities to design a vision and strategy that motivates the team
> Dedication to quality and investing in results that add value to the business at all times
> Proactive and entrepreneurial sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
> Keen eye for identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
> Well versed in modern software applications, fashion trends and innovations in the fashion industry
> Strong Computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator) and can create technical drawings in illustrator
> Can communicate with vendors regarding contents of technical packages, including corrections to samples and patterns, garment construction details, grading, labeling and shipping requirements
> Organization and time management are of tremendous value for this role