|Date Posted||September 20, 2021|
This is an incredible and rare opportunity for a passionate, and driven technical designer to work with the team at Brunette The Label. We are looking to recruit a Technical Design Assistant ready to take on a great role. This position is responsible for creating and manufacturing fit standards and quality across all product and textile categories throughout the product lifecycle. You will work closely with the design and production team to ensure accurate translation of design into a quality end product and minimize oversampling, utilizing strong technical knowledge of garment construction, finishing, and international quality compliance and using a critical eye for detail will ensure garments are manufactured to specification and guidelines.
This role would best suit a creative that is highly organized, good at working independently, result-driven, adheres to deadlines, multitasker that strives for the highest standard, and design detail.
• Work with designers & creative director to standardize measuring methods and create detailed guides for factories & in-house teams.
• Work with design and production to improve/develop tech pack and fitting templates.
• Work with production to build a finishes library/guide to ensure effective and clear translation for factory sample rooms
• Work with design and production to develop and update systems to ensure a smooth and effective workflow.
• Receive, measure, fit and document all sample approvals and ensure they meet quality standards.
• Work alongside the design team in fittings to collect comments ensuring garment fit is functional, fit to our standard and to get final sign-off of all pre-production samples
• Set up sizing and grading standards and tolerances for the Business.
Must be friendly, passionate, with a positive can-do attitude to match Brunette’s values system.