|Date Posted||April 27, 2022|
MALA Boutique I Social Media Coordinator
Retail Store, Toronto, ON (Hybrid role)
MALA Boutique is a high-end kid’s & women’s contemporary clothing boutique in midtown Toronto. We have been in business for 10+ years, and to celebrate our 10th year anniversary, we opened our second location in MALA x Muskoka, in Muskoka, Canada. Our target demographic is the urban, fashion forward woman/mom between the ages of 30-55. With an online presence and two bricks and mortar locations, there is room for growth in this position. Some of the brands we carry are: Freecity, Frame, AGOLDE, J. Brand, Aviator Nation, Anine Bing, The Great, Re/DONE, and I Stole My Boyfriend’s Shirt, to name a few.
At MALA, having hardworking individuals with an eye for fashion, style, and design is key. We are continually working towards maintaining a brand that is iconic, memorable, and everyone’s go-to boutique, in Toronto and Muskoka.
Check out our Instagram @malaboutique to view our current content or stop by our boutique to see our merchandise and meet our team!
Day in the Life:
As the Social Media Coordinator, your daily tasks will surround curating and executing social media channel strategies, and the creation of content calendars for all social platforms. Keeping up with the latest trends for how to engage with the proper target demographic and being able to adapt strategies accordingly. As well, finding and reaching out to new and upcoming influencers that align well with the MALA brand, and initiating/setting up social media giveaways. Community engagement is essential, so, responding to customer inquiries and/or comments, and updating postings/hours of operation, on a regular basis will be a part of the job. We are looking for someone who is comfortable using excel and Canva, and who has experience with adobe suite (i.e. photoshop, adobe illustrator, etc.). A part of the curation process will be photographing lifestyle pictures of clothing in-store, to post across all mediums. We are looking for someone with a passion for fashion and who wants to lend their creative talents to further the #myMALAstyle mission.
• Executing channel strategies for platforms including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and LinkedIn and new and emerging platforms
• Manage social media content calendar from priorities to execution, including collaboration with the content team on concepts and impactful influencer programs
• Edit/or create “sharable” captions for approved content when required, post content on appropriate platforms and measure the results of social marketing activity
• Keep an eye on community health, include sentiment, comments, and direct messages
• Partner with customer care team to develop and maintain brand voice to drive positive engagement and mitigate customer issues through the appropriate forums and process
• Partner with merchant, marketing and store teams to ensure social media execution aligns to key business priorities and opportunities.
• 2+ years’ experience in social media marketing/graphic design
• Proven experience in creating social media content
• You thrive in a small team environment and work well with others
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of multiple projects at once
• You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
• You exude enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
• Fluency in digital and social, tech, and content trends across platforms
• Passionate about transforming retail
• Great taste and up to speed with relevant trends within the industry
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and holidays for posting / engagement (as needed)
Thank you for your interest in MALA Boutique. We look forward to hearing from you.