|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
Senior Technical Developer
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5243
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
WHO WE ARE
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The Engineered Knit Product Development Team works closely with the Lululemon Product Team and our vendor partners to develop key franchises, seasonal novelty and advance concepts in yarn-to-garment knitting technologies and warp knit cut and sew products. We are continuously exploring new machinery and pushing the limits of existing machinery in circular garment knitting, warp garment and fabric knitting, flatbed knitting and whole garment knitting.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Partnering closely with Design, Merchandising, Quality, Raw Materials, Sourcing, and our Vendor Partners, you seek to elevate our Engineered Knit product assortment, striving for excellence in execution and creative problem solving. You run fit sessions and can effectively communicate fit, construction and technical comments, while adhering to calendar dates and by- whens.
· Superior knowledge of yarn-to-garment product creation
· Clear and concise communication
· Passionate about athletic apparel and exhibited strength with technical garment construction.
· High proficiency at: Adobe Illustrator and Technical drawings creation PLM BOM creation, Tech Pack creation, Garment fitting, Measurement Spec sheet creation and Grading
· minimum 10 years of apparel industry experience in product development
· a keen knowledge of yarn development
· able to mentor junior team members
· Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
· Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
· Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
· Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
· Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.