|Date Posted||June 1, 2021|
Senior Research Scientist, Whitespace
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $73,600.00 - $110,400.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 2115
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
About this team:
The Whitespace™ team engineers, shapes and designs delight into lululemon’s future guest experience. Leveraging advanced innovation principles and ways of working, we push the envelope of classic research and development approaches. We’re hunting for what’s next in the world of retail and health and wellness, developing proof of concepts to test ideas within the business and supporting our cross-functional partners as they leverage our insights and discoveries. We’re a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, researchers, designers, technologists, and most of all, hustlers that love to dive into complex problem spaces and solve for tomorrow’s greatest opportunities.
A day in the life:
• You have a strong research expertise but are not defined by your domain, instead you use this practice to allow you to bring rigour to any research question.
• Your range allows you to quickly build strong positioning and understanding around new topics.
• You sort through a world of research to bring seemingly unconnected knowledge together as new and unique hypotheses and opportunities.
• You apply tried and tested scientific rigor to develop novel, experimental protocols focused on building new insight and potential IP.
• You get hands on with, and are the primary owner of, data collection in both lab and field testing.
• You use your advanced analytics to make correlations between human perceptions and objective data.
• You confidently partner with creative and commercial individuals by being comfortably responsible for the end-to-end handling of scientific exploration within your discipline.
• You are fully accountable for building out a research proposition which can be adopted into a proof of concept development track.
• You have an academic background in applied research related to sensory/perception, sport sciences, human behaviour, psychology, data science. (non exhaustive)
• You have 5-8 years applied research experience and are relevantly educated to a Masters or PhD level (or equivalent research training).
• You have applied tools to extract qualitative and quantitative information from our guests.
• You are published and proven in data collection, analysis and interpretation for insight generation.
• You are a habitual scientist, a great communicator and are passionate about joining a commercial environment.
• You are able to work with depth and breadth across multiple, complex and simultaneous cross-functional projects.
• You educate others and you never stop educating yourself.
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses