|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
Senior Regional Merchant
Salary: $115,000.00 - $150,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 6233
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
About this team:
The Merchandising team creates and executes transformative global product strategies that ensure we have the right assortment in the right place at the right time to fulfill our guests’ unmet needs to deepen our guest relationships, grow our brand and deliver on our long-term enterprise goals.
A day in the life:
The Senior Regional Merchant is responsible for and brings seasoned expertise in delivering region-specific insights to the Global Merchandising team to inform product strategies. This is inclusive of financial goals, metrics, local product, cultural and guest insights, to service their regional market needs. The Senior Regional Merchant possesses deep product expertise and experience and is recognized as a subject matter expert and mentor on the team.
• Share Regional insights (guest, products, market trends) with Global Merch, informing product strategies and regional style needs
• In collaboration with the Manager, develop Regional merchandising strategies and omni channel approach for the season (department and class) for their business categories
• Develop Regional pricing product architecture, as informed by Global strategy
• Create product assortment that reflects brand consistency and regional relevance, maximizing profitability and sales across product class, key items and channels
• Manage Class assortment and clustering, ensuring delivery against capacity targets and guest profiles
• Prepare and present decks for Buy Reviews (incl. strategies, attributing, investments, flow, etc.)
• Validate buy accuracy, resolving MOQ issues and partnering with Global teams to ensure Buy Ready issues are solved.
• Complete sizing tasks, selecting comparable styles and sizing packages
• Prior to and in season, identify changes to targeted in-store date and recommend options to maximize flow
• Support in OTB conversations and align with Planning on Class targets
• Review business each week/month/season, delivering recaps and actions based on insights and inventory composition
• The Senior Merchant, in partnership with the Manager, is responsible for mentoring junior team members
• The Senior Merchant works in close partnerships with the Manager and assumes Managerial duties in absence of the Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• BA, BSc, BBA, BComm (or equivalent), specialized in Retail or Merchandise Management an asset
• Minimum eight years of Merchandising or Buying experience is required. Vertical retail and/or omni channel experience is preferred.
• Experience and proven ability in coaching, mentoring and guiding junior team members
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Program and mastery in excel, proficiency in PO and Price Management software
• Mastery in analytical skills with the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments
• Mastery of retail mathematics, including elements of markup, margin, planning, open to buy and inventory productivity
• Ability to balance analytical and creative tasks
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.