|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
Senior Print Designer
Salary: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Senior Print Designer role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product by creating unique and original artworks by hand. Our team will drive excellence in print through the connection of design, development and merchandising.
A day in the life:
• Under the mentorship of the Design Director create artwork for seasonal prints.
• Work cross functionally with, print development and raw materials to ensure the highest level of execution.
• Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
• Influences the global seasonal print direction and aesthetic proposing new techniques based on category insights and forecasts.
• Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional.
• Take ownership of seasonal print projects, and be the point of contact for the concept team in cross functional meetings.
• Builds and presents a compelling narrative and inspiring seasonal knit direction, to varying audiences.
• Mentor and coach more aspiring print designers.
• Create original artworks from scratch through hand drawing, painting or mixed media.
• Expert understanding of different print techniques, fabrics and garment construction.
• BA, BFA, BS in Design required, MA desired in Textile, Print or Fine art.
• 8+ years experience in the luxury fashion and athleisure apparel industry.
• 5+ years experience designing prints for the Luxury Fashion/athleisure design industry
• 6+ years excellent skills in Adobe suite-illustrator/photoshop/InDesign + Solid presentation skills
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.