|Date Posted||March 12, 2021|
Senior Men's Designer
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5243
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
About this team
The Men’s design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are future thinking, detail-orientated and solution focused. They are at the forefront of men’s activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space.
A day in the life:
The Senior Outerwear Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. The qualified candidate will show an ability to design into the intersection of fashion and performance outerwear apparel. Under the mentorship & partnership of the Senior Design Manager, you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments.
You are an expert in your technical knowledge and design ability. You act as a resources and mentor for junior team members.
You excel at presenting your concepts and communicating seasonal direction and design to the design leadership team.
• Responsible for designing and executing seasonal styles that reflect lululemon’s
Men’s Design ethos.
• Responsible for both the conceptual creation of the style and the administrative work of maintaining this information throughout the season.
• Combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create designs that are a part of a larger layering system.
• You partner with ambassadors/athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product through wear testing and insights.
• You will be allocated an assortment of styles in your given category, dependent on the level of complexity of the category.
• Responsible for briefing new trims each season in partnership with trims development team, while aligning with other design teams.
• Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate your design intent. Partner with the in-house workshop to create mockups and prototypes.
• Work cross functionally within the pod collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development, quality and colour, sourcing and design operations, ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
• Razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful technical athletic apparel.
• An awareness of how the line is currently performing in stores – join key meetings for downloads, lead design meetings, partner with your leaders to action feedback for continual innovation of product & to the junior members of the team.
• 6-10 years minimum industry experience is required
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
• An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses