|Date Posted||July 15, 2022|
Salary: $146,700.00 - $220,100.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: College Certificate and/or Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Planning team is responsible for ensuring financial success of the company. They work closely with Merchandising to understand new product trends (Merchandising) and regional/climate selling, size trends, and ensures product is sent to the right Distribution Centre. The team monitors the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, understanding changes in trend and reacting to the business to maximize sales and mitigate risk. The priority is to understand and protect the guest experience, followed by delivering profitable sales growth.
A day in the life:
- Interprets, communicates and coordinates execution of Departmental/Divisional Inventory flow strategies under the direction of Director/VP.
- Partners with Director/VP to influence merchandise strategy and execution plans.
- Leads team to execute business activities to drive financial results that maximize sales, profitability, and inventory productivity.
- Partners with cross-functional partners to communicate and negotiate calendar challenges to execution of "by-whens"
- Coaches and develops a high-performance team, providing clear and actionable feedback.
- College certificate or University degree is required, preferably in Commerce or Business Administration
- 9-11 Years of Planning experience or progressive financial analysis and reporting experience, combination of people management and industry experience
- Experience and proven ability in coaching, mentoring and leading a team of direct reports
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal) & extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
- Detail orientated & analytical
- Results oriented – strong sense of motivation
- Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
- Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.