|Date Posted||February 2, 2021|
Senior Manager, Product Design
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $120,000.00 - $180,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0213
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
who we are
At lululemon, we work together to elevate the world. We set audacious goals, nurture big growth and engineer innovative products that allow people to feel—and perform—their best. To us, leadership is more than a role or title—it’s a way of being. We are all leaders, committed to growth and results. Together, we’re co-creating a future that otherwise wouldn’t exist. To do that, we’re looking for people who unite diverse perspectives to lean into bold visions. Who strive to be better than they were yesterday. Who are all in, in everything they do.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
• Establish product design principles, processes, and standards to ensure we're building best-in-class products
• Lead, mentor and guide a group of talented managers and designers to create high value features on lululemon’s guest-facing app and site
• Recruit and hire talent to scale the teams when needed
• Build relationships and processes with product and engineering teams
• Contribute to the overall Product Design strategy
• Partner with research and analytics teams to discover unmet needs
• Clearly communicate design rationale to cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders.
• Encourage team members to run design sprints, white-boarding sessions and other processes that encourage co-creation
• Cultivate and maintain a scalable design system • Be a collaborative, systems-thinker that continues to find ways to evolve and improve how we work
• 8+ years of progressive responsibility in product design or user experience design roles
• 8+ years of experience building and managing happy and successful teams
• Experience designing and managing large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Sketch, Invision or similar products
• Experience creating UX artifacts (e.g. IA, wireframes, journey maps, etc.)
• A strong curiosity and desire to learn about and empathize with our community of designers, developers and PMs
• Superior relationship-building and communication skills
• Strong leadership and strategic thinking
• Expertise across all facets of human-centered design and user experience, spanning UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research, prototyping, visual design and user adoption.
• Compelling presentation skills to build and share inspiring visual stories with credibility, clarity, and confidence.
• Well versed in facilitation techniques that enable groups to build clarity and alignment.
• Practical understanding (including capabilities, patterns and limitations) of current technologies used to build rich experiences in iOS and responsive web
• Experience translating qualitative and quantitative data into design decisions.
• Understanding of product management and product lifecycles. You’ve led teams building digital projects from scratch before.
• A portfolio of work that showcases apps and sites that are intuitive, beautifully designed and well thought out.
• BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.