|Date Posted||February 5, 2021|
Salary: $120,000.00 - $180,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0213)
1380 Burrard Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6Z 2K2 Canada
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
about this team
The International Product Design team helps create seamless and joyful end-to-end user-centered experiences for lululemon's guests in countries outside of North America and China. You will guide the designers and researchers to build digital experiences that fully activate our brand — where commerce, community and the sweatlife come together in a regionally-relevant way. You will lead and cultivate a high-performing product design team. With your product design strategy and vision, we will improve the lives of our guests while meeting and exceeding company goals.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
• This position is responsible for managing the team that designs customer-centered experiences from early concept to final product for all responsive websites outside of North America and China.
• You and your team will deliver a seamless core experience that allows in-market teams to have flexibility with certain aspects such as payment types, marketing and merchandising. More localization opportunities in the years to come.
• Collaborate with International Product and Engineering Teams to build out new features that improve the guest experience and drive key metrics
• Develop a deep understanding of options and constraints with our global eCommerce platform
• Establish product design principles, processes, and standards to ensure we're building best-in-class products
• Lead, mentor and guide a group of four+ designers and one researcher to create high value features on lululemon’s guest-facing sites
• Partner with agencies in non-English speaking countries to enable research in those areas
• Partner with leaders in product and engineering to create longer term roadmaps and empower designers and researchers to contribute
• BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area.
• 8+ years of progressive responsibility in product design or user experience design roles with some eCommerce along the way
• 8+ years of experience building and managing happy and successful teams
• Experience designing and managing large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience working on products for users outside of North America, is a plus, ideally in Asia and Europe
• A strong curiosity and desire to learn about user behavior in the countries we service
• Ability to work with teams remotely
• Previous experience designing products that will be delivered to users in multiple languages
• Ability to balance great design solutions with an iterative approach (v1, v2, or v3 )
• Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Sketch, Invision, Figma or similar products
• Expertise across all facets of human-centered design and user experience
• Experience translating qualitative and quantitative data into design decisions.
• Practical understanding (including capabilities, patterns and limitations) of current technologies used to build rich experiences responsive web (iOS a plus)
• A portfolio of work that showcases sites and app that are intuitive, beautifully designed and well thought out.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.