|Date Posted||July 27, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $150,000-215,000 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Product Innovation team is responsible for driving innovation across lululemon’s apparel business. Through prior and continued investment in human and material research infrastructure and leveraging of our pioneering Science of Feel innovation philosophy, the Product Innovation team will ensure that lululemon remains at the forefront of the sport and exercise apparel industry.
A day in the life:
The Senior Manager, lululemon labs will lead and develop team members and bring strong technical, commercial and research/product testing expertise to manage human insights and applied scientific research through a wide array of proven techniques in both lab and field based trials. In the role, the Senior Manager will work to establish new scientific protocols, data analysis techniques, and ways of thinking that deliver innovation and superior product experiences to the business and our guests. The Senior Manager will deliver technical evaluations of products and technologies supporting the business in strategic decision making, and communicate expertise through analytical methods in exploring how guests interact with products in relevant environments, ultimately leading to a prolific output of potential value propositions for our guests. In addition, the Senior Manager will partner closely with innovation teams determining how and where to scale innovation and be accountable to maintaining the integrity and intention of those innovations.
- You have a Masters degree and / or PhD in physiology, biomechanics, sport science or engineering for applied innovation
- You have 5-10 years’ experience influencing product creation, business thinking and unlocking new knowledge
- You have strong communication skills with exceptional ability to translate complex concepts clearly
- You have proven ability to translate research and technical outcomes to strong business and guest value
- You are a proven entrepreneurial leader and have a strong ability to engage and build relationships internally and externally
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.