|Date Posted||November 23, 2020|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0113
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
About this team:
The Merchandising team lives and breathes all things product, collectively working together towards getting the right product for our stores and ultimately our guests.
A day in the life:
The Senior Director - Activity, Strategic Channels and Partnerships leads the global Activity (focus: Run, Train, Yoga), Strategic Sales, Events and Membership & Community Merchandising team and drives the creation of merchandise for those business pillars which grows the brand and the business through our design vision whilst delivering best-in-class sales, inventory and margin results. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, Merchandising.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
· Develop & Drive the Activity merchandising vision and omni-channel strategies in alignment with the Global Product vision and own the Activity Consumer Insights and Hindsights inclusive of all geographies. Own North America & Europe in-season Activity execution; Ensure the execution and maintenance of In-store and Digital Activity Merchandising assortments in collaboration with VM, Store Operations and Digital partners.
· In collaboration with Event, Athlete and Ambassador/Influencer program management partners, lead & drive relevant product assortments that meet the needs of the athletes and the events (eg. Seawheeze, 10K’s, etc.)
· Collaboration with Integrated Marketing & Community management partners, lead & drive relevant Membership product assortments that enhance our guests’ membership experience and meet their product needs.
· Drive completion of ‘meltdown’ seasonal geographic hind-sighting and align on future assortment adjustments as necessary.
· Ensure regional needs are incorporated into the global Activity, Events and Membership line plans
· Ensure concept-to-market execution from designing the line to geographic distribution, planning, clustering and allocation, working cross-functionally with all global and regional MP&A teams
· Drive desired global Core Assortment which highlights (global) seasonal marketing styles.
· Align on regional line plan adoption intent by geographic merchandising partners with respective global category merchants and communicate changes to assortment strategies.
· Review product demand in hot markets across all geographics and adjust product briefs and/or align on line plan adoption changes accordingly
· Partner with cross-functional teams including Channel, Global Brand & Community, Strategy, Operations Excellence, and Supply Chain teams to ensure the design vision is delivered to our guests.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Merchandising Management, Marketing, and/or Business
· 5-7 years of experience across wholesale & vertical retail merchandising and digital strategy
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in merchandising apparel or footwear, preferably athletic apparel or footwear
· 3-5+ years management experience
· Omni channel experience required
· Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
· Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.