|Date Posted||June 23, 2020|
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Women’s design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are detail-orientated and solution focussed. They are at the forefront of women’s activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat sessions together.
A day in the life:
The Snr. Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship of the Design Director you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments. You are responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections that reflect lululemon’s ethos. You lead a team of Designers, Junior Designers and design assistants and support and guide them through the daily tasks as well as lead weekly team meetings and keep track of key business deliverables.
• You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers and cross functional partners to create functional, innovative, quality designs.
• Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development and colour, sourcing and operations ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
• Responsible for understanding the impact of your decisions on timelines and margins
• Awareness of how the line is currently performing in stores - work in the stores, lead design meetings, partner with athletes and action feedback for continual innovation of product
• You work one shifts per month on the retail floor, and participate in fitness classes in the community
• Ability to travel to offshore factories and on inspiration trips as needed Coach, develop and mentor Designers, Junior Designers and Design Assistants Responsible for performance evaluations, hiring and consistent coaching of your design team
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent) MA if applicable
• 6 year minimum designing bras & intimates
• Specific technical experience developing/designing moulded cups for bras and intimates Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses