|Date Posted||July 27, 2020|
Senior Designer, Accessories
Salary: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5243
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
The Sr Accessories Designer at lululemon creates world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship of and collaboration with the Design Director (and/or SVPs men’s/women’s Design in lieu) as well as the VP, Merchandising & Design, Accessories you create and develop the line for your designated classes/sub-classes from inception of ideas to production of garments. You support in designing and executing seasonal collections that reflect lululemon’s ethos.
You partner with our athletes and ambassadors to continually elevate and innovate our product.
Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally within design, development and raw materials team members, ensuring your teams have the most up to date product information, gates and dates are kept ‘on-time and in-full’ and any direct and/or indirect report-to’s are supported in their development
You have razor sharp attention to detail around both product and process towards building product which lives up to our Accessories product & design principles.
• Have an informed point of view and be an expert on silhouette, fabric, trim, technology, and trend through travel, research, and product usage experience
• Design and build a cohesive collection of functional & beautiful styles
• Ability to quickly and accurately communicate design vision through technical and detailed sketches
• Prepare and effectively present design concepts that communicate seasonal direction clearly. Research, ideate, sketch and create mood, fabric, trim, materials boards etc. as appropriate to support your styles
• Responsible for the clear communication of product information through technical sketches
• Responsible for fitting styles to accurately communicate their design intent
• Responsible for ensuring all styles deliver our standards of quality, beauty and function on time as per our GTM calendars and key gates and dates.
• Awareness of how the line is currently performing, lead design meetings, partner with athletes and ambassadors and action feedback for continual innovation
• Responsible for performance evaluations, hiring and consistent coaching of designated design team member(s).
• Travel to offshore factories as needed
Our “must haves”:
• BA, BFA or BS in (Industrial) Design required (or equivalent)
• MA if applicable
• 6+ years experience in developing/designing fashion accessories for a global retailer
• 2+ years experience leading and managing team members
• Expert knowledge of hardgoods/equipment and soft goods cut n sew construction, patterning, textiles, trims, sewing techniques and technology applications.
• Natural ability to oversee and lead team members in the design and development of product, ensuring commercial viability
• Adhere to strict timelines and calendar dates to deliver exceptional product, on-time
• Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Past experience communicating with offshore factories
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.