|Date Posted||February 26, 2020|
Raw Materials Developer
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (2233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC, lululemon’s products create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives.
Raw Materials Development Team
The Raw Materials Developer is a technical fabric expert who is passionate about executing seasonal and long range developments related to specific PODs. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyse and improve process and product offerings
a day in the life of a Raw Materials Developer
• To develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction and performance attributes while ensuring alignment to the global sourcing strategy
• To be inspired to create solves for performance athletic fabrics to enhance guest experience
• Building relationship and rapport with the mills, understand and leverage their capabilities
• To provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
• To be a support to company’s sustainability initiatives.
• To ensure timely completion of fabric DNA profiles and Esigned texbase tech specs.
• To ensure that seasonal developments are completed as per the GTM calendar
• Visit industry trade shows and fairs to gain knowledge and apply to the lululemon athletica’s product range.
The finer print
• University/College Degree required in textiles science and textiles. We will consider candidates without a degree if the Industry experience demonstrates a strong technical background in Raw Materials
• 5+ years of apparel or textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
• 2+ years expereince traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
• 2+ years experience in knowledge of development techniques,(process/equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
• Strong technical knowledge gained in manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
• Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
• Strong knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
• Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with a dynamic work flow
• Attention to detail, problem solving capabilities, multi tasking and energized to make a difference.
• To drive self-development and to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized to provide better understanding of the fabrics used.
• To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set Lululemon apart from its competitors
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.