|Date Posted||May 28, 2020|
Raw Materials Developer - Seamless and Sweaters
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 2233
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Raw Materials Development Team
The Raw Materials Developer is a technical fabric expert who is passionate about executing seasonal and long range developments related to specific PODs. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyse and improve process and product offerings
A day in the life of a Raw Materials Developer:
• To develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction and performance attributes while ensuring alignment to the global sourcing strategy
• To be inspired to create solves for performance athletic fabrics to enhance guest experience
• Building relationship and rapport with the mills, understand and leverage their capabilities
• To provide technical support for the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
• To be a support to company’s sustainability initiatives.
• To ensure timely completion of fabric DNA profiles and Esigned texbase tech specs.
• To ensure that seasonal developments are completed as per the GTM calendar
• Visit industry trade shows and fairs to gain knowledge and apply to the lululemon athletica’s product range.
The finer print
• University/College Degree required in textiles science and textiles. We will consider candidates without a degree if the Industry experience demonstrates a strong technical background in Raw Materials (additional 3+ years experience minimum).
• 5+ years of apparel or textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
• 2+ years expereince traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
• 2+ years experience in knowledge of development techniques,(process/equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
• 5 years’ experience working with textile materials, including fibers, yarns, knits (seamless and/or flat knit) fabrications, physical and chemical textile testing; manufacturing, dyeing, finishing
• Strong technical knowledge gained in manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
• Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
• Strong knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
• Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with a dynamic work flow
• Attention to detail, problem solving capabilities, multi tasking and energized to make a difference.
• To drive self-development and to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized to provide better understanding of the fabrics used.
• To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set lululemon apart from its competitors
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.