|Date Posted||February 26, 2020|
Quality Manager, Self Care
Posted: lululemon athletica
Salary: $93,000.00 - $150,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0911
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
The Self Care Quality Manager serves as technical/subject matter expert for compliance and quality of our Self Care products. This role is actively involved in the stages/gates of development for formulas and packages, advising on building quality into the product and designing for manufacturability, and testing needed in development to ensure product efficacy and safety.
• Responsible for ensuring our Self Care products set the standard for the highest quality products in the athletic self care market.
• Proactively working with product development to build the best quality up front, and to advise on designing products for repeatability and reproducibility in manufacturing.
• Working with manufacturing partners during line trials and pilot runs; review, approval and record retention of bulk standards , COA, Micro testing and legal retains.
• Advising and requesting all necessary laboratory testing related to selfcare, approval and report retention.
• Develops training materials and recommendations that promote awareness and understanding of lululemon quality requirements, standards, policies, SOPs, and work instruction procedures and processes
• Champions new approaches to continually improve and streamline processes to meet business and compliance requirements including development and incorporation of best practices
• Performs, leads, and advises on root cause analysis for product quality issues and works issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
Required Skills, Experience, and Academic/Educational Requirements:
• 5+ years experience or a Master’s degree with minimum 3 years experience or a Ph.D. with minimum of 2 years experience in processing or packaging operations, quality assurance, or quality control in the cosmetics industry.
• Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is strongly preferred.
• 5+ years experience in advanced quality principles, of audit protocol, inspection procedures and FDA and cGMP regulations. Must be familiar with compliance requirements for over the counter (OTC) products. A knowledge and understanding of multiple manufacturing processes/formulations, international requirements and bilingual skills are beneficial
• 2+ years experience applying advanced principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles, systems and concepts
• Must be a critical thinker and active listener with good time management ability to provide solutions and define deliverables to a wide range of difficult and complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Solutions should be imaginative, thorough, and practicable.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform duties under very general direction and independently perform assignments with general criteria for expected results. Excellent project management skills in order to perform and prioritize a wide variety of activities simultaneously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.