|Date Posted||February 5, 2020|
Salary: $93,000.00 - $130,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Reporting into the Director, Quality Development, the Self Care Quality Development Manager serves as technical/subject matter expert for compliance and quality of our Self Care products. This role is actively involved in the stages/gates of development for formulas and packages, advising on building quality into the product and designing for manufacturability, as well as testing needed in development to ensure product efficacy and safety. This role also works to resolve quality issues encountered from development through production and end use of the product, and to improve self care product quality, globally.
• Responsible for ensuring our Self Care products set the standard for the highest quality products in the athletic self care market.
• Develops training materials and recommendations that promote awareness and understanding of lululemon quality requirements, standards, policies, SOPs, and work instruction procedures and processes
• Champions new approaches to continually improve and streamline processes to meet business and compliance requirements including development and incorporation of best practices
• Performs, leads, and advises on root cause analysis for product quality issues and works issue through containment phase of corrective action process
• Proactively identifies and implements processes, policies or procedures to continuously improve the product and compliance quality
• Develop and recommend solutions to prevent future occurrences. Recommend policy and procedure changes as necessary.
• Must remain knowledgeable about significant global regulatory changes that could impact Lululemon products. Assists with the implementation and monitoring of related systems, policies, and procedures
• Works to ensure proper compliance quality management systems are maintained and that the global Quality standards are met and consistently followed. This support includes conducting internal system audits of Lululemon manufacturing and distribution centers.
Required Skills, Experience, and Academic/Educational Requirements:
• Bachelors degree required
• 5+ years experience in processing or packaging operations, quality assurance, or quality control in the cosmetics industry OR Master’s degree and 3+ years professional experience OR PhD and 2+ years experience.
• Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is strongly preferred.
• 5+ years experience in advanced quality principles, of audit protocol, inspection procedures and FDA and cGMP regulations. Must be familiar with compliance requirements for over the counter (OTC) products. A knowledge and understanding of multiple manufacturing processes/formulations, international requirements and bilingual skills are beneficial
• 2+ years experience applying advanced principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles, systems and concepts
• Must have excellent project management skills.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses