|Location||Richmond, BC, Canada|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Under the guidance of Marketing team leadership, this position is responsible for supporting media and influencer relations including sourcing and vetting potential opportunities and coordinating PR campaigns. The PR Coordinator will work closely with the PR + Partnerships Specialist to execute strategic influencer and brand partnerships that align with Smash + Tess’ marketing goals and brand values. A successful candidate will be organized and able to juggle multiple projects at once and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Daily tracking and recording of media and influencer hits
• Initial vetting of press inquiries from internal press inbox, flagging opportunities or high priority action items
• Media and influencer prospecting
• Proactive outreach to and vetting of influencers for gifting or partnership opportunities
• Coordinate paid opportunities and affiliates as advised
• Source PR gifting materials including custom boxes, wrapping, etc.
• Support with planning and executing PR mailers aligned with marketing campaigns
• Manage incoming gifting requests and fulfill in a timely manner
• Support on tracking and reporting on results from gifting
• Support awards application and vetting speaking opportunities
• General media relations as assigned
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to problem-solve and make decisions in a timely manner
• Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
• Located within driving distance of our headquarters in Richmond, BC, with access to reliable transportation. To successfully perform the requirements of this role, it will be necessary to be on site at our office frequently, and occasionally travel to local photoshoots and production houses.
• A Degree or Certificate in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
• 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a Marketing or PR role
• High proficiency in organic social media including Instagram, TikTok, FB, etc.
• High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc)
• Experience in fashion/apparel industry an asset
• Related experience managing influencer and media relations an asset
• Professional demeanor and good problem‐solving skills combined with a strong business awareness and customer orientation
• Flexibility, patience and problem‐solving oriented
• Able to partner, collaborate and work independently