|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
We are Vancouver-designed, North American made, and globally inspired. We believe in slowing down the fashion cycle and making clothing on demand and with a clear purpose – to delight our #smashtessfam. Our best selling romper fabric is a sustainable rayon from bamboo and cotton blend, and although it costs more for us to use it, it’s proven to stand the test of time and retain its shape and softness when treated well. We produce in our own backyard under our watchful eyes to ensure that our clothing is made in the very best working conditions by skilled and talented seamsters.
As a mother-daughter-bestie team, each of us has always had an obsession with stylish sleepwear. Matching pajamas have been one of our favorite traditions on Christmas morning since we can remember, but the search for cute, comfortable everywear became nearly impossible as the years went by – there just wasn’t anything out there that we truly loved. A few years of brainstorming, dreaming and serious fashion schooling later, Smash + Tess was born, finally bringing women the everywear they deserve and helping to build a community that celebrates comfortability, style, and girl power!
We are looking for a Production Manager to join us at HQ in Richmond, BC! Work closely with CEO and COO, and oversee the production cycle of Smash + Tess.
• 5+ year experience
• Manages and coordinates development of new products and improvements to existing styles.
• Evaluates and ensures design feasibility and design optimization.
• Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. gives input on budget.
• Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring the coordination with other departments.
• Manage the production team - production coordinator, product developer
• Managing timelines
• Creates garment projection
• Project manages the development process
• Forecast/plans fabric
• Requests costing
• Oversees product development
• Manages the approval process
• Consumption estimation
• Costing analysis
• On time delivery
• Strong in technical and construction knowledge