|Date Posted||October 30, 2020|
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 19
NOC Group: (6233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations across North America, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Asia. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team As a member of the product team, you are responsible for ensuring financial success of the company. They work closely with Merchandising and Allocations to understand new product trends (Merchandising) and regional/climate selling, size trends, and logistics (Allocations). The team monitors the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, understanding changes in trend and reacting to the business to maximize sales and mitigate risk. The priority is to understand and protect the guest experience, followed by delivering profitable sales growth (comp and GM$s).
A day in the life:
•. Reporting directly to a Senior Merchandise Planner, this position is responsible for category sales targets, markdowns, gross margin, planned purchases, turn and open to buy management
• Partner with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, receipt and inventory. Develop assortment plans to the category level by country by channel. Develop projections and inventory flow for key items/collections
• Analyze and reflect current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance; revise in-season plans for sales and profitability; control inventory levels. Make recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity Monthly plan review process: develop sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts. Manage receipts and adjust inventory flow
• Forecast monthly and seasonal store plans for allocation, OTB Plan and store review. Communicate revisions within the team and cross functionally
Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potential. Provide other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, etc.)
• Actively engage in a variety of projects depending on business needs. Proactively seek out self-improvement opportunities
• College certificate or University degree is required
• 3-5 years merchandise planning experience
• 1-2 years of planning experience for a global/vertical retailer or department store
• Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
• Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
• Detail orientated
• Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
• Results oriented – strong sense of motivation
• Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.