|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (6233)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, the Merchant is responsible for the creation of the product assortment and line plans that delivers on our design vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results for their assigned product categories. This person will lead effective partnerships with Design, Planning, Allocations, Visual Merchandising, Development, Commercialization, Sourcing, Production, and their respective Operations teams to bring our design vision to life.
a day in the life of a Merchant
- Accountable for driving the successful creation and execution of a line plan for assigned product categories that contribute to the financial success of the company by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals through all respective channels.
- Owns the pre-season planning process, breaking down roadmap stories into seasonal line plan and managing style/sku productivity
- Provides leadership for their respective pod to meet key GTM gate deliverables
- Proactively gathers, analyzes and drives insight from local market knowledge and competitive landscape across all channels.
- Manage the product lifecycle for all styles in assigned product categories including introduction, build and retirement of those styles.
- Leads the in-season management of your product category
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy of the line plan (e.g., style number, color options and codes, product attributes, target FOB/IMU, forecasted units, purchase order, price management, item creation, on-order, line sheet and product flow reporting)
- Demonstrates an impeccable taste level and is passionate about sweating, health and personal development
the finer print
- Bachelors Degree or college diploma in business, marketing or a related program or additional 2 years' experience in merchant/buyer role
- 3-5 years of experience in a merchant/buyer role in Beauty or skincare company
- Vertical retail experience required. Omni channel experience highly desirable.
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for