|Date Posted||December 2, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $86,500-129,700 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 10
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
Reporting directly to the manager of merchandise planning, this position is responsible for category sales targets, markdowns, gross margin, turn and open to buy management, for both pre-season plans and in-season management.
Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You are an essential part of the cross functional team collaborating with merchandising, allocations and sourcing. You have razor sharp attention to detail but also able to think big picture.
A day in the life:
- Develop, communicate and execute financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the brand
- Develop assortment plans to the style-colour level by channel
- Develop sales projections and inventory flow for key items
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
- Prepare and participate in Merchandise Review meetings
- Reconcile tops down category financial plans to bottoms up style-colour level plans
- Support the financial success of the brand by meeting sales, comp, gross margin, maintained margin and inventory turn goals
- Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals; conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate learnings into current and future plans
- Provide support to Merchandising to actively manage product assortment throughout the season (inventory, MDs, etc.)
- Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potential
- Partner and communicate with Merchandising, Allocation and Sourcing
- Provide other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, etc.)
- College certificate or University degree is required
- 3-5 years merchandise planning experience in the apparel industry for a vertical retailer
- Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Extremely organized, thorough and able to prioritize
- Detail orientated
- Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
- Results oriented – strong sense of motivation
- Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
- Responsible, dependable and mature, with sound judgment
- Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.