|Date Posted||December 1, 2022|
Posted: lululemon athletica
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $116,000 - $175,000 CAD
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Merchandising team creates and executes transformative global product strategies that ensure we have the right assortment in the right place at the right time to fulfill our guests’ unmet needs, to deepen our guest relationships, grow our brand and deliver on our long-term enterprise goals. We possess deep awareness and intuition of global marketplace dynamics and guest needs and use this knowledge to identify opportunities to maximize demand.
A day in the life:
The Global Merch Manager is a seasoned product and market strategist who is accountable for the global merchandise strategies and roadmap for the season. The Global Merch Manager also drives the creation, management and execution of the global product assortment by effectively leading their teams in collaborations and partnerships with the Product, Brand/Marketing and Guest Experience teams.
This person is responsible for the development of the members of their global merchandising team to deliver product needs that reflect brand consistency and regional relevance to maximize profitability and sales across product classes, key items and channels.
• Responsible for overseeing a team of Global Merchants who report directly to the Manager. They inspire, coach and guide their team members to develop their skills and deliver on business priorities.
• The Manager supports employee development plans and manages performance
• Accountable for defining class strategies based on short range strategy (2-3 years) and sales plan targets
• Creates global seasonal merchandise strategies and roadmap in partnership with Merchandise Director, Cross Functional Product partners and Brand Creative team
• Responsible for briefing raw materials in partnership with Merchandise Director
• Accountable for leading their team in building the architecture of the assortment in collaboration with Design and Product Development team, delivering against seasonal KPI’s
• Accountable for leading their team to create content for showbacks to CPO, CMO and Creative Director (include strategy, innovation, directional investment level)
• Responsible for presenting seasonal merchandise direction - roadmap, story-telling/campaigns, product flow and colour to Regional Buyers and key cross-functional partners, for their business category
• Enroll and align on class strategies with Design, Product Development and Sourcing (carryover, seasonal newness, franchise management and slot investments
• Build strategic vision for franchises and product lifecycle management
• Sign off on sketches, colour and protos against product brief and long term category strategy
• Leads the team to gain in depth consumer, competitive and market insights
• Accountable for colour flow for global assortment to ensure clear consistent profitable storytelling
• Ensure seasonal KPIs/targets are met in partnership with Global Merchandise Planning
• BA, BSc, BBA, BComm, (or equivalent), specialization in Retail Management an asset
• Minimum 8 years of experience, combination of people management and Merchandising experience
• Proven ability to coach, mentor and lead a team
• Understanding and experience in working for a Global Brand is required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs- Mastery in Excel, proficiency in Merchandising Software, preferred experience in Adobe Illustrator
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments
• Financial acumen and understanding of Retail Math
• Ability to balance analytical and creative tasks
• Ability to interpret and apply financial insights on current business performance and leverage insights to guide and inform future range plans
• Acute eye for product and colour trends
• Aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active and wellness industry
• Strong understanding of global market place, major shifts in trend and activity
• Ability to apply, interpret and synthesize marketplace data to create global assortment
• Ability to enroll and clearly communicate vision, class strategy and feedback to key partners
• Ability to lead and influence creative partners
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and demonstrative ability to present to Senior Leadership
• Ability to multi task, pivot, prioritize competing tasks and operate in a fast paced environment
• Highly organized with a keen eye for the detail
• Ability to work independently to make sound business decisions
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses